WRITE 1200 WORDS AND 3 SCHOLARLY SOURCES…….NO PLAGIARISM
1. Describe genetic engineering on a cellular level. In other words, what exactly takes place during genetic engineering that inserts a trait into an organism that did not have that trait before? Give an example.
2. According to the course materials, what made someone or a group of people considered to be “unfit” members of society? Based on your research, are there any categories or types of people we systematically marginalize today?
3. What is Eugenics and what were the goals and policies of the American Eugenics movement?
4. Which cells do the authors identify as the ones most likely to hold the key to increased human longevity and vitality and how might this work?
Describe one alternative to cloning that the authors mention.
5. What are some arguments against extending human life in the way the authors describe?
Please describe at least one objection mentioned in the reading and one objection from your research and experience.