For week 1, read the case of Illinois v. Caballes, 543 U.S. 405 (2005) that appears in your book on page 81 in Chapter 2. Using your “How to Brief A Case” folder, using the traditional method [Mullane] that is found on page 3 of the folder, brief the Caballes case. Also, add two sections to your brief, 1) a summary of the dissenting opinions, and 2) Your opinion of the case with an explanation.
Include these sections in your case brief as headings:
- State who the parties are:
- State the issues:
- Arguments of the Plaintiff or Prosecution/Arguments of the Defendant
- State Holding of the Court
- State Rationale of the Court
- Dissenting Opinions Summary
- Your Opinion of the Case with an Explanation (there are no right or wrong opinions; state your opinion of the Court’s holding and explain.