General Instructions for Learning Activities
- Read/watch all assigned materials listed for the week in the Course Content
- Cite to assigned materials in all responses in Learning Activities
- Use only assigned materials to complete Learning Activities; do not use the internet unless otherwise instructed
- Include in-text citations and a Reference List for in-text citations
- Write in correct, complete sentences, in paragraph format unless otherwise instructed
Tips for Formatting and Structuring Analysis:
- Write in complete sentences in paragraph format.
- Use in-text citations citing to relevant assignment materials.
- Double-space; 12-point Arial or Times Roman font.
- Introductory Sentence: Begin with an introductory sentence or very brief paragraph that states your conclusion to the questions asked.
- Concluding Sentence: End the discussion with a concluding sentence or a very brief paragraph that summarizes your conclusion/what you discussed.
- Support Arguments and Positions: Please refer to the module in Content, “How to Support Arguments and Positions”.
Learning Activity: due 11:59 pm ET, Saturday, October 10, 2020
Background Facts You Need To Know: TLG has scheduled another meeting with the Clean-N-Shine (“Clean”) owners to further discuss the risks and liabilities of tort law. This meeting will focus specifically and only on product liability.
Winnie and Ralph asked you to participate in the Clean meeting and to be prepared to discuss specific product liability risks related to Clean’s use and resale of EPI cleaning products. EPI is a manufacturer of environmentally-friendly products.
Report You Need To Prepare: Write a summary report addressing the following questions to use as a basis for discussion in the Clean’s meeting with TLG and to educate Clean’s owners about potential risks and liabilities under product liability law. Your report must focus only on product liability law.
A. Identify and explain the possible liabilities claims (EXCEPT omit warranty liabilities) Clean could face under product liability law for reselling EPI cleaning products directly to customers from its public place of business.
B. Recommend specific actions that Clean could take to reduce its liabilities under product liability law for reselling EPI cleaning products
DO NOT discuss the warranties liabilities Clean could face as warranties will be addressed in discussion this week.
Tips for Formatting Report: The report should use the following format
TO: Winnie James, Ralph Anders
FROM: (your name)
RE: EPI and Clean Product Liability