Imagine you are supporting a new teacher in the area of applying developmentally appropriate practice and differentiation to foster children’s development and learning. Research effective practice and information for continuing to guide this teacher.
Develop a 4- to 5-page paper for your New Teacher Handbook or create a 20-slide minimum PowerPoint with notes and/or written narration for your New Teacher Website that provides evidence-based information addressing the following:
- Why differentiation is so important to children’s learning and how it is best incorporated into learning and teaching
- Ways in which a new concept or approach to differentiation you have researched can be implemented in the learning environment for children in one or more age groups (Include examples and practical resource recommendations for this new concept.)
- How this new concept or approach can be adapted for all children, including those with exceptionalities and children who are learning English as a second language
- What impact this new concept will have on children’s healthy development and learning
- How project-based learning exemplifies personalization, individualization, and differentiation
- What actions you will take in the future to provide children with a combination of personalization, differentiation, and individualization