- What are the 3 phases of surgery that are talked about in the case study. The second phase was not stated so make sure you look this one up? (what is briefly different about each stage)?
- Explain the pathophysiology behind an appendectomy and appendicitis. Please be specific
- Does the surgical staff need to be concerned about Malignant Hyperthermia? What is Malignant
- Hyperthermia? How do we treat Mary if she goes into Malignant Hyperthermia? Medications? Cardinal signs of MH and what is the Anesthesia gas that the CRNA needs to make sure Mary doesn’t get?
- What is the piece of paper that the patient and surgeon sign? Is this important? What happens if it doesn’t get signed?
- What type of isotonic solution should the nurse hang for surgery?
- What is the process for placing a straight catheter in the operating room?
- Names some types of sutures that may be absorbable that the surgeon could have used for wound closure.
- What wound classification is this type of procedure?
- What does the PACU nurse or post-op nurse need to be concerned about with Mary’s pain?
10. Explain each type of medication that Mary is on and what it is used for?
11. What type of discharge teaching should the post-op nurse explain to Mary before she goes home?
12. Explain why surgery is the coolest place to work J !!!
***find an article about Malignant hyperthermia and include the reference.. Get Nursing Assignments Help Today
The post Nursing Assignment | Nursing Essay Questions appeared first on MyRestLab.