No unread replies.No replies.Choose any poem(s) or song(s) as the basis of your Poetry Critique. Which question will you answer and what ideas do you have about your piece before you submit it further?Interpretation of Poetry Critique Prompts
- Characterize the speaker of any poem. Present a sketch of the speaker’s character by referring to the language of the poem. Consider not only what the speaker says but the manner in which it is said and what it reveals about the speaker.
- Describe the narrative element in any poem. Consider how important its “story” or narrative material is, and what would be gained or lost without it. Consider also how the narrative dimension of the poem would work as a story, play, or essay.
- Explicate the opening lines of a poem. Explain the significance of the lines in the context of the poem overall.
- Explicate the closing lines of a poem. Consider how they can be related to earlier lines.
- Select two or more key lines from a short poem (or groups of lines from longer ones). Explain their significance and consider their relationship to one another.
- Read five or more poems by the same poet and discuss the features they have in common.