The project quality plan is intended to assist in the quality management of Cosmo Inc.’s new wearables. It involves the release and promotion processes detailed in this management plan. The quality control and procedures are detailed below and will be applied throughout this project’s lifecycle.
Cosmo Inc’s Quality Policies
- None of the heart rate monitoring devices should malfunction.
- The wearables should be user-friendly and efficient.
- The wearables should measure the heart rate with the utmost precision.
- Review all processes in the project cycle regularly to check whether they follow the plan and take corrective actions where necessary.
Level of quality acceptable to the stakeholders:
- The marketing campaigns should be appealing to customers.
- Marketing campaigns should observe the use of logos, ethos, and pathos.
- The wearables should be user-friendly, durable, efficient, and safe to use.
Determine the project manager’s roles and responsibilities for executing the policy and ensuring quality:
Ensure that wearables are produced following the specifications provided by the company. The wearables’ functionality should be synchronized with chips and apps.
The management’s role and responsibility are to ensure that adequate and appropriate resources are allocated. A manager must see to it that processes are monitored and improved continuously. That happens through testing, inspection, verification, validation, quality control, and auditing.
We hereby inform you that we have reviewed the project charter and relevant documents. The deliverables meet the standards specified. Therefore, we confirm our acceptance of the project deliverables.
Quality control procedures
Activities and techniques:
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Cost of quality
- Design of experiments
- Quality management and control tools
- Quality audits
- Seven basic quality tools
Processes and procedures:
- Quality planning.
- quality assurance.
- Quality control.
Elements of a quality control system should:
- Specify what to control
- Adhere to quality standards that result in the most effective corrective action to take.
- Establish methods to measure quality aspects.
- Include project quality documentation.
Quality Assurance Procedures
- Quality management plan – It details what the project management team will do to implement the formulated quality policies.
- Process improvement plan – it provides the stages necessary when conducting an evaluation of project and product development processes.
- Quality metrics – it defines the features of a project or a product. It also explains how product features will be measured.
- Quality checklist – it is used to verify whether all the required steps have been followed.
Tools and techniques:
- Quality management and control tools
- Quality audits
- Process analysis
- Process updates and quality improvements
In this case, the following are recommended:
- A vertical and horizontal communication at all stages of the project’s lifecycle.
- Adopting a work approach that is based on agile, SCRUM, and lean project management techniques as well as working in teams.
- Conducting two meetings with the project management team every week for the ten weeks to discuss the progress and arising risks as well as mitigation techniques throughout the project.
- To ensure that deliverables and milestones are achieved as stipulated in the project schedule and project cycles by applying the MS Project calendar to guide all the project stages.
Regulatory or legal impacts or requirements – in this case, the standards set by the FDA is an influencing factor. The wearables must meet the standards set to pass the FDA quality assurance test.
Continuous process improvement procedures
Process mapping – is used to define a project’s processes, individuals responsible for the success of the processes, and the measurement standards of such processes. The measurement standards are used to determine whether a process is successful or not.
Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle –It is a continuous improvement 4-stage model for projects and products. It entails plan execution, review, and taking corrective actions.
Root cause analysis – Root cause analysis is a methodology for recognizing the hidden reasons for an occurrence with the goal that the best solution can be distinguished and executed.
DMAIC –the acronyms stand for define, measure, analyze, improve, and control. It is a model based on data and is used for process improvement (Gitlow, Melnyck, & Levine,2015).
Agile project management –Project management processes follow a pre-planned path throughout the life cycle. As the environment is uncertain, some aspects are bound to change. Instead of becoming rigid to the project processes, agile project management encourages making last-minute changes to the project processes. The process ensures that high value is delivered within the shortest periods(Gitlow et al.,2015).
Establish a culture for continuous improvement (CI)
The business environment is exceptionally dynamic in the contemporary world. The advent of globalization has open doors for people, organizations, and companies to interact and share ideas with the end goal of increasing growth (Hamm,2016). That, in part, fuels the technological advancements in every field. New manufacturing processes are invented more often currently. The organization is continually seeking efficient manufacturing methods that minimize cost and improve productivity. As such, leaders and managers must be dynamic when it comes to strategy formulation and implementation. Continuous improvement is delivered by managers who embrace changeand are proactive. In addition, managers with transformational ideas create more value. Thus, the culture of adaptability, proactiveness, and change is vital in the project management process.
Quality assurance audit plan
Quality assurance and audit plan ensure that project processes:
Adhere to planned quality requirements.
Adhere to all safety requirements.
Adhere to all regulations and legal requirements.
Adhere to accurate data collection methods.
Adhere to proper corrective action methods.
The audit plan attached separately
Gitlow, H. S., Melnyck, R., & Levine, D. M. (2015). A guide to Six Sigma and process improvement for practitioners and students: Foundations, DMAIC, tools, cases, and certification.Old Tappan: Pearson Education, Inc.
Hamm, R. E. (2016). Continuous process improvement in organizations large and small: A guide for leaders. New York, NY: Momentum Press.
Get professional assignment help cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Why choose our academic writing service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH GRADE VALLEY TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Quality control and procedures for project appeared first on Brook Writers.