Review the You Be the Judge – Religious Discrimination: Dress Code Flips Burger Joint videos: Case Argument (Links to an external site.), Defendant Profile (Links to an external site.), Plaintiff Profile (Links to an external site.), Defendant Reaction (Links to an external site.), Plaintiff Reaction (Links to an external site.).
- Review the cases: EEOC v. Alamo Rent-A-Car LLC, 432 F. Supp. 2d 1006 (D. Ariz. 2006), Tiano v. Dillards Dept. Stores, Inc., 139 F.3d 679 (9th Cir. 1998), and Cloutier v. Costco Wholesale Corp., 390 F.3d 126, 136 (1st Cir. 2004).
- Review Chapter 51 of the course textbook Langvardt, A. W., Barnes, A. J., Prenkert, J. D., McCrory, M. A., & Perry, J. E. (2019). Business law: The ethical, global, and e-commerce environment (17th ed.).
Assume the role of the judge in the Dress Code Flips Burger Joint case. Analyze the legal issues presented by the parties and state how you would rule on each of the issues presented. Remember that your ruling should be based on your legal analysis and not on your own personal views. Use the IRAC method to apply the law to the facts and reach a legal conclusion based on your analysis.
Your legal analysis should
- Determine whether Mr. Johnson discriminated against Ms. Djarra based on religion.
- Discuss whether Mr. Johnson offered reasonable accommodations to Ms. Djarra.
- Identify the amount and type of damages to be awarded, if any.
Religious Discrimination – Reasonable Accommodations analysis
- Must be five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least three credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Should follow the IRAC method.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style.
- Utilize correct APA formatting for legal sources include case law and legislation. See the Citing Legal Materials in APA Style (Links to an external site.) from the University Library of California State University, Stanislaus for assistance.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.