Students are required to write a research paper discussing a song of your choosing from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s or 80’s.
Select a song that you are not already familiar with so you can learn something new while broadening your musical horizons.
It must be a song that has instruments, vocals and lyrics. Do not choose an instrumental song or vocal music without instrumental accompaniment.
This assignment is worth 10 points
Discuss the following in your paper:
- Original Release Date
- Musical Aspects (rhythm, melody, harmony, instrumentation, etc.)
- Lyric Synopsis
- What inspired the song to be created (backstory)
- Historical Significance (if any)
- Why you chose this song
- Anything else that stood out to you
- Name your file using this format: Last Name_First Name_RP_MUS 119
- Minimum 2-pages typed, 12-point font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins
- Include your name, the instructor’s name, the course number and the due date
- Write in your own words, check your grammar and spelling and do not plagiarize
- A bibliography is optional; use footnotes when appropriate
All Research Papers should be turned in as PDF. I’ll also accept Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf).
Honesty is the foundation of good academic work. Follow this advice:
- Do not submit papers that have been done for a previous class
- Never submit papers which have been prepared or “co-authored” by others
- Don’t copy ideas, data or exact wording without citing your source
- Click on the Submit Assignment button and a new file upload box will open
- Click the Choose File button
- When the file window appears, locate and attach your file from your saved location
- Click the Submit Assignment button to successfully attach your document
- View the confirmation of your assignment submission