Are succession planning efforts used within your organization or an organization you have worked for? If so, what is the process? If not, why do you think that is? Please explain. Would you make any recommendations to your organization based on what you have learned in this unit? Your journal entry must be at least 200 words in length. No references or citations are necessary.
1. Briefly discuss the difference between training and development and how they can affect a performance appraisal. Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
2. What is the process for developing a succession plan? Also, explain the importance of a succession plan. Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
Unit VII Homework
In this homework assignment, you will develop a table on performance appraisals (PA) and how they are applied to training.
- In column 1, identify three different types of PAs that can be offered.
- In column 2, analyze how the PA can be applied to a training effort.
- In column 3, identify one type of training and one assessment tool for each PA that could be used to identify training success.
Use bullet points in the table. APA is not required for this homework assignment.
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.
Unit VII PowerPoint Presentation
Management Action Plan
An action plan is a written strategy used to achieve outlined goals. For the purposes of this assignment, the action plan will be created using PowerPoint. An action plan includes the components listed below, and you may refer to page 237 in the textbook for additional guidance.
- State the goal, which should identify what training content will be used and how it will be used.
- The goal for this action plan is to assist managers with identifying how performance appraisals are used to demonstrate the success of training efforts.
- Include the strategies for reaching the goal including what the trainee must do, what resources will be needed, and the type of support from managers and peers that will be necessary.
- Include the strategies for receiving the feedback, which will be used to demonstrate the success of the training efforts.
- Define the expected assessment results and how the results can be used to improve training.
After the title slide, begin your action plan by stating the goal. Next, identify at least three strategies for reaching the goal. Briefly explain your chosen strategies with supporting data in the speaker notes section of the PowerPoint presentation. For the third part of the action plan, develop a 10-question survey that could be used to demonstrate the success of the plan. Conclude your action plan with a summary of the expected results and how the manager could use them to improve training.
This action plan should contain at least 12 slides. You must use at least two sources with one being the textbook and the other being academic in nature from any database within the CSU Online Library. Be sure to cite and reference sources using proper APA style.
Here are some general guidelines to follow when preparing your PowerPoint presentation.
- Design your presentation with the back of the room in mind. It is important that everyone can easily see and read the content.
- Select a professional-looking slide design appropriate for the presentation and audience.
- White text on a dark background is the easiest for the audience to see.
- Use a large font size.
- Use color and graphics when appropriate. Illustrations should relate to the content being discussed. Be creative.
- Follow the 6 x 6 rule (i.e., use no more than six lines per slide and no more than six words per line).
- Utilize the speaker notes function to add your talking points.
- Bullet points work best on the slides.
- Add slide transitions to enhance the audience’s experience.