Weekly Application Worksheet
This week’s application will help you use Bitzer’s idea of “the Rhetorical Situation” to plan your Short Analysis Paper (Due Wednesday, November 4th, at 11:59pm)
Please answer the following questions with clarity and brevity—but offer a sketch the “message” you will analyze in your Short Analysis Paper. Please type your answers and submit this form in the gradebook link.
- What message will you analyze?
- What medium presents the “message” that you are analyzing? (Is it a speech? Or is it a song? A video? A still photograph? What kind of “message” will you analyze?)
- What is the “exigence” for this message?
- Who is the audience for this message? What makes them good and qualified to receive and act on this message?
- What are some of the constraints that this messenger and the audience face in this rhetorical situation?
- What are some of the influencer techniques at work (and at play) in this message?