You are the Senior Vice President of Communications and Community Impact, at Daphne World, a hotel resort and water park in South Alabama. You are needing to send out a communication to the 450 guests that have booked your hotel for the Labor Day weekend. This communication is to inform them that they can still stay at your hotel during the long weekend, but they will not be able to use all of the water park due to hurricane damage. This communication ( 1 page letter) needs to go out to the guests ASAP (as soon as possible) so guests will not start canceling their reservation.
Here is additional information that you may need to know:
– YOUR COMPANY NEEDS these 450 guests to stay at the hotel and pay the full rate to make up for lost revenue from COVID-19 issues.
– The hotel reservation is for $250 per night (the rate includes $200 for the room and $50 water park admission for FULL use of the park.
– The water park has 15 slides and 2 wave pools. The storm damage will only allow 5 slides and 1 wave pool to be open during the Labor Day Weekend.
– A number of guest want to pay $200 as there are only a limited number of the water park slides open.
– If 10% of the guest cancel their reservation that would mean that you would have to lay off staff in order to stay open (this is information is for you to know)
– The hurricane damage is severe in the area as there are still a number of trees that are down and some parts of the city are still without power and a number of the eating places are still closed.
– There is a possibility that you will have limited cleaning personnel as a number of employees are trying to fix their homes and return their personal life to some form of normal.
– There is no damage to the hotel, nor are there any trees down on the premises as a result of the hurricane that passed through the area.
– Weather is projected to be great and city officials have told you that roads to the beaches and the beaches themselves will be open to the public.
Document should be no more than one page long
1 inch margins